The picture is just for man candy, but since it’s VINCENT and thus my writing inspiration, it works.
The truth is that some weeks I don’t have much to report on, but back when I started this blog, back when it was still on WordPress (because some dastardly individual had already taken MY dbreynolds domain, although that person subsequently forgot to renew and I snapped it up! Yay!) ::cough, cough:: Anyway, I promised it would be a weekly blog, and it has been . . . except for one week a while back when I was really, really sick.
Wait . . . checking the date. OMG! I started my blog on March 16, 2009! That means last month was my 5 year anniversary. I should have had a giveaway! Well, it’s never too late to celebrate (ooooh, I even rhymed!) so I’m having a giveaway for my readers. And you all know what that means. Since it’s for my readers, you have to answer a question from the books. Here’s the details …
1. There will be three (3) winners chosen at random from among all of the qualifying entries. In order to qualify you must answer the question correctly and observe all of the other requirements noted below.
2. Contest is open internationally.
3. Prize: Any 1 title from my backlist, with exceptions noted below, winner’s choice, e-book or signed print, also winner’s choice.
3a. Any backlist title can be chosen EXCEPT for the print version of BETRAYED (because they were a limited run and I’m all out, or HEART OF THE WOLF (as a Siren title, it was never issued in print.) E-book versions ARE available on both of these.
3b. If you are one of the three (3) winners, you may choose VINCENT as your prize (print or e) if you’re willing to wait until his release which is currently scheduled for 1 November 2014.
4. Entries MUST be emailed to either email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Entries MUST have the following subject line – “5 YEAR CONTEST”
6. Entries MUST INCLUDE a valid email address where entrant can be notified if she/he wins. Your email addy will not be used for any other purpose.
6. Entries MUST be received no later than 12:01 A.M. (PST) on May 12, 2014.
7. Winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries, and will be announced on my May 19, 2014 blog entry. Winners will also be notified by e-mail and will have five (5) days to respond, or a new winner will be selected at random from the qualifying entries.
8. All successful entries MUST answer this question correctly. All others will be disqualified.
QUESTION: What is the name of Robbie’s spouse?
Back to our regularly scheduled post in which I didn’t have much to say. But then, when I started working on this post, I didn’t know about the contest. I’m nothing if not flexible, so let’s move on to TV shows. There was CRISIS, which is getting a little irritating. I’ve never liked omnipotent bad guys. BLACK LIST which is still excellent, although I can’t believe Elizabeth would believe anything her lying husband told her, even (especially) about Reddington. GRIMM is still good, nice twist, though I hope Truble isn’t staying permanently.
Books … there were two this week, plus one I read as research for VINCENT but that I forgot to include on my 2014 Challenge List. The two new ones were FAR GONE by one of my favorite authors, Laura Griffin. Loved it, as always. And an oldie from another of my favorites Jill Shalvis, SOUTH VILLAGE SINGLES COLLECTION, which is actually three novella length “singles” Jill wrote back in 2003, about three roommates, which have been reissued as a single book. I keep discovering new-to-me oldies by Shalvis, and I always love them.
Oh, and I finished the last of my Girl Scout cookies … thank the gods!! You know how some people worry about gaining weight during the holiday season? Well, for me, it’s the Girl Scout cookie season. Deadly. But now they’re gone, gone, gone and my elliptical is calling my name … not that it ever shuts up, the damn thing.
So, that’s it for last week. Coming up for this week … pretty much more of the same. But now at least you all have a contest to enter! 😀
See you next week.