Some parts of the world are venturing forth after the quarantine. Here in So. California, we’re taking it slowly, but definitely expanding our routines. So far, it hasn’t changed my life much. I’ve gone to the post office, the CVS, always with a mask on. But mostly I’m staying around my house, writing Xavier’s story, which is almost finished.
When my gym reopens, I’ll believe we’re on the road back to normal. Or at least the new normal. Mostly I miss my family and friends. Miss being able to hold them close, and know love still exists.
I’m doing a 5K this week as a fundraiser for the World Wildlife Foundation. I went past my fundraising goal, so all that’s left is for me to hike my 5K. And I do mean hike. The parks are open, so that’s what I’ll be doing, in my boots (snakes!) and carrying my walking stick (creatures!) Good exercise, since I KNOW I’ve lost some ground while my gym has been closed.
Two more winners randomly selected and prizes sent out. If you haven’t already entered, and you’d like to be part of the giveaway, here are the rules.
How to enter…
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with HOME 1 on the subject line.
2. Return email address MUST BE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
3. Include your first and last name in the body of the email.
4. I WILL SELECT A WINNER EVERY SATURDAY AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT PST. All entries received by that time will be eligible for the drawing. One (1) winner will be selected EACH WEEK at random from among the entries received by the deadline.
REMEMBER: YOU ONLY NEED TO ENTER ONCE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WEEKLY GIVEAWAY. PLEASE DON’T SEND ME A WEEKLY EMAIL!!!
5. The winner will be notified by return email. She/he will then have five (5) days to respond, after which a new winner will be chosen.
6. One (1) entry per person. ALL duplicate entries will be deleted (and yes, I’ve already had a few. You may think you’re slick, but they’re easy to spot. 😁 )
7. The weekly prize will be an Amazon e-gift card. The amount will vary randomly every week. Even I won’t know what it will be until it happens.
But for now I’m heading for the cave to finish XAVIER’s story. I feel old today, and tired. I can’t watch any more news, can’t see or hear any more hatred. So, stay safe out there, and remember to be kind and to act with love.